2nd Weekend Diary in Banjarmasin



In the land of “The Thousand Rivers” - My 2nd weekend diary in Banjarmasin

The second weekend came so fast. August 19, 2017 (Saturday), this weekend was very exciting for me because me together with my co-student teachers was invited to be the speakers of the "English Camp" which the university celebrated their English week.

Upon arriving the conference room, huge crowd was already there waiting for us to arrive and as we step up in front we can feel the excitement of their faces when they saw us. Questions we're started to be asked and each one of us including representatives in Thailand started to answer their questions in pertaining to how well we speak in English and asked about how the English language is being taught in our country. There are some students who even asked us to teach them few greetings and words in Tagalog and in Bisaya. It is such an opportunity for me to be a part of this activity because by participating this activity, it expanded my learning with regards on how their country has offered me their culture and in return, I shared some culture that is practice from my country as well and even in language and education. We talked about so many things in the culture that I had from my country and compared the culture that they have here in Indonesia. We along with the three representatives we're very happy and honored to be a part of this event and will forever be thankful for the great opportunity. 
Sunday (August 20, 2017), we enjoyed our day together with all the student teachers. All of us went to Maze Garden "Labirin Pelaihari", an almost 2 hours drive from Banjarmasin all the way here, a very Eco-friendly environment that has a huge land of all grasses, trees, gardens, flowers and river. I really enjoyed our stay here because you can really appreciate how beautiful it is when nature is preserved and taken good care. They offer a mini zoo, maze garden adventure, river activities and has breathe-taking scenery to enjoy. 
After enjoying the Eco-park, we went to an almost 1 hour drive from the park to the semi-floating restaurant in the river which we enjoyed the views of the river and as well as the foods that they served which some are freshly catch. We enjoyed the ambiance while having our lunch and we also enjoyed the company that we had because along with us is the headmaster in the school where me and my co-student teacher from the Philippines, Mr. Wiyantu who come with the trip which made the trip exciting and joyful.
After enjoying and having the meal, we directly went straight to the nearest beach which took us 2 hours from the floating restaurant which we had our lunch. It is a quite far beach they have compared to beaches I have in my country especially where I came from because beaches in Cebu will only took us 30 minutes being the closest beach from the house up to 2-3 hours drive if you want to enjoy provincial beaches that we also have. When we arrive there, I appreciated the beach but not as much as good as what we have in Cebu but still, I enjoyed the beach and the trip.
After the whole day trip and enjoyed each places we went, it's time for us to go back to our dormitories and call it a day!

Comments